Monday 5 September, 2011

Ray of Humanity in the Inert and Selfish Bangalore


It was in august 2007 when I moved to Bangalore to pursue my graduation in medicine. Oh god! what a worst experience it has been. And today it’s 5th September 2011 and I was about to get totally convinced that no human beings live in Bangalore. All the people in Bangalore are machines with no emotions and feelings. But yesterday’s incident has made me to think over my opinion again.
Yesterday night I was very upset because of food problem created by my food supplier. However I have been facing continuous problem regarding food from the day I stepped into Bangalore. But anyways these days I was becoming very irritable regarding food problems because of my ongoing weight loss problem. As I had to find good food which is nutritious, low in calorie, hygienic and healthy. So I was completely depressed, angry and devastated when I knew that my food supplier is again going to skip the meal delivery today. I started thinking that all people in Bangalore have lost their humanity, morality and life ethics and all are money oriented. But within 2 hours I was proved wrong. My neighborhood family (they live below my room I mean 1st floor) they felt the pain I was going through and they gifted me with a glass of milk. It was no less than amrutam at that moment. I felt so good about my country and realized why they call it a great country. Anyway my neighborhood aunty(her name is Chandra) and her family has always treated me like a family member. She has been like the Bangalore replica of my mother. She has always encouraged me with her motherly nature. Even her son(Nikhil) and daughter(Akhilaa) are less of friends to me and more like brother and sister! Probably I will remember them till my last breath. Even my owner, I  have to really agree that they have been so kind to me, they treat me like their son. And have always been my real guardians in this magical n mystical city.
I pray God to shower all the above mentioned people with his long lasting graces and give them a happy n healthy long lives.

Shrinidhi Kulkarni

No comments: