Monday 12 December, 2011

Intel Core i Processors - Awesomness Unlimited

Hi guys, Finally got some free time for blogging today!  From couple of weeks I was planning to solve the issues with my laptop’s RAM. Finally got some free time yesterday! Actually I have 4GB RAM with intel core i3 processor. core i3, i5, i7 are unique processors which have structural similarity with both 86x & 64x processors. Because of this awesome feature my core i3 can run 64bit operating systems. And also while buying my laptop, I bought one with 4GB RAM. The key principle is, for extracting best performance from my core i3 with 64bit Operating system was to have minimum of 4 GB RAM. But from the day I had bought my laptop, the System Information tray of windows 7 always used to show 3.12 GB Installed Physical Memory. So when I used to run rich graphic software like Adobe photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or Poser 8, my laptop used to show the symptoms of fatigue. I was so frustrated because of this! I could not understand why my laptop is not using my full 4GB RAM? So took some time to query around on this issue, and finally got the answer that my installed operating system was 32 bit. And only 64 bit operating systems can utilize complete 4GB RAM – 8GB RAM. And since my core i3 processor runs 64bit operating system, last night formatted the whole thing and installed my new Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with Service Pack 1!!! Now the system is too fast! System Information shows 4GB Installed Physical Memory. So the processor is using my full RAM now. Now I feel it was worth spending my money on core i3 and 4GB RAM. And the windows 7 ultimate 64 bit with service pack 1 is just awesome. Totally satisfied.

No comments: