Friday 23 December, 2011

Typical Indian Mentality

Hi there!

              This is a quick post about the incident which took place today morning, which revealed the nose poking mentality of Indians. Please dont mind as this post contains a bit of kannada words and font.

              As my routine I went to walking and came back. When I was parking my bike, my neighbour comes and starts the conversation…(Note that we are not too friendly. Because in the last 4 years this only the second time he is talking with me)

Neighbour(Shifty): ಏನು ವಾಕಿಂಗ್ ಹೋಗ್ತೀರಾ?

me(Angel): ಹೌದು, ರಾಘವೇಂದ್ರ ಸ್ವಾಮಿ ಮಠದ ಪಕ್ಕ ಪಾರ್ಕ ಇದೆಯಲ್ಲ, ಅಲ್ಲಿಗೆ ಹೋಗ್ತೀನಿ.

Neighbour(Angry smile): ಅಲ್ಲಿಗೆ ಯಾಕ್ ಹೋಗ್ತೀರಾ? ತುಂಬಾ ಚಿಕ್ಕ ಪಾರ್ಕ ಅದು! ಮುದುಕ್ರು(ಮುದುಕರು) ವಾಕ್ ಮಾಡೋ ಪಾರ್ಕ ಅದು, ಚಿಕ್ಕ ಮಕ್ಕಳು ವಾಕ್ ಮಾಡೋದು ಅಲ್ಲಿ!

Do you find any sense in his statement? I mean who has categorized the parks in bangalore as this one is for youth, this one is for children and this one for old people? A park is public property which can be used anyone irrespective of age!

His statement shows he is not concerned about the results I have been able to produce. I mean how does the place I am going for walking hold much concern? If I want I will walk in my room or on the terrace, or on the road, or in shyamannna park or krishnarao park. Its none of his business. More than that what matters is whether I am being able to produce the results I aimed! If I can produce same amount of weight loss by walking in shyamanna park rather than working out in some big park, how does the place matters? Ultimately what I mean is, current mentality of the people is like that! they believe in show-off. They think for doing weight loss one should go to gym or some big parks. One should wear track suits and all. Drink juices(bottle gourd, bitter gourd). They call this mentality in kannada “ಮಂತ್ರಕ್ಕಿಂತ ಉಗುಳೇ ಜಾಸ್ತಿ”.  I just fu**ing hate that kind of people. If I am comfortable in what I am doing, what I am wearing, who the hell are they to poke their noses into my matters and give ‘free ka suggestions’? Just because they get some 5-6 figure salaries and own couple of cars they think they can make fun of anybody! This mentality is going to sink their own esteem and respect in the society. Oh god! Save Indian culture and people!

No comments: